Friday, March 30, 2012

How can I convert font in database

I have one field type ntext, I want to change font of this data. Can I do this.Please help me.

Thank you alot.

this is the duty of presentation layer. as such you should change the font in the FE or GUI not in the database and its not possilble and its not logcally correct also. And also please tell us why you want to change the font in DB?

Madhu

|||Do you mean change the font, change the encoding, or change the collation? The font isn't stored in the server, the encoding is set by the application, but the collation of a column can be changed for a specific language or ordering. You can find more information on SQL Server collations at:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144260.aspx

Hope that helps!

John

|||I mean encoding, before user use font VNI-Times (Vietnamese language ) and save to database, now, if we show it with Unicode, we can not read anything, so that I am finding solution to convert encoding to Unicode.I intend export to excel, and import with some option that can change font encoding (if have any ).

No comments:

Post a Comment