Friday, March 30, 2012

How can I convert download SQL Server 2005 to a licensed version.

I downloaded a 180 day trial version of SQL Server 2005, and have it running. I have purchased a 5 user workgroup version. I would like to apply the 5 user license to the version that is currently installed.

My preference is to not reinstall everything since I have everything configured as I would like, and it is working great. What is the best approach?

Paul

The only way to do this is to Upgrade your Evaluation Edition to the Workgroup SKU. To do this you should run the Workgroup installation program and select the edition of SQL Server that you already have installed instead of installing a new edition.

Michelle

|||

Will this leave the installed database and all of its configuration as is?

Or will it change any of the configuration?

The reason I ask, is that due to a lack of proper planning we did not have SQL Server installed prior to a vendor arriving to install their application. I quickly downloaded the trial version, and installed it and ordered the Workgroup Edition. The applicationn is in and running, and I now want to make everything legal, and to have it run past the 180 day evaluation period.

If upgrading will change the application, I will need to pay the vendor to reconfigure things, and cause me problems.

Paul

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment