Monday, February 27, 2012

Hotfix on sp2

Hello,

Just want to know if anybody else has problems with the hotfix ?

I have a sqlserver 2005 on my desktop.

I installed the sp2 before 5th march.

Recently Microsoft changed the sp2 and released a hotfix for sp2 installed(downloaded) before 5th march.

I installed the hotfix but it failed to update the sqlserver engine.

Very weird.

I uninstalled sqlserver 2005, applied the new sp2 (which was smaller compared with previous one)

Today i still received a critical update in windows update.

I installed it, but i still don't trust these updates.

How can i investigate all went well ?

Go to Add/Remove Programs, click on the SQL 2005 entry, click Remove, and then Change. This will show a nice report at the component level and include the versions for each. If they are all at 3152, then your machine is up to date with the cumulative hotfix. If not, go grab it here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933097

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

No comments:

Post a Comment