Monday, February 27, 2012

Hotfix for SP1 didn't work. There is still no Select All option.

I installed SP1 on a box running SQL Server 2005. I was puzzled as to why the Select All option had disappeared on my multi-value parameters. I found out on on this message board that the SP1 install removed this option. I contacted Microsoft yesterday and after being on hold for over 75 minutes, I was asble to speak with someone who sent me an email containing a link to the hotfix download. I installed the hotfix, rebooted the server, and my reports still do not have the Select All option. Has anyone else had this problem? I sent an email to the support rep I was in contact with at Microsoft but I was hoping that someone here might have some suggestions while I wait to here from Microsoft.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Amedeo

The removal of Select All is by design, so I would recommend just using the work around rather than trying the hotfix. I modified all my reports after SP1, and it isn't a big deal to implement. Here's a starting point.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa337234.aspx

|||

If I understand your suggestion correctly, you are stating I should try the "ALL" parameter in place of the (Select All) option once provided by SSRS. I followed the article listed below and it worked great. Although it is a really good workaround, the reason I want the (Select All) that originally came with SSRS is because when you choose or unchoose (Select All) it checks or unchecks all of the boxes for the other parameter choices.

http://blogs.msdn.com/chrishays/archive/2006/04/18/AllParameterValueRedux.aspx

I'm working with an engineer from Microsoft right now as to why the hotfix didn't work. I'll be sure to post the solution assuming there is one.

|||I don't know how difficult it would be, but maybe you could write some custom code that would select all your multi-select options. Good luck on finding the answer.|||

I worked with several different people at Microsoft regarding this issue and I wanted to share the solution. Just to clarify my initial post, there were several patches I had to run in order to install the hotfix. One of the patches would not successfully install. The problem was that IIS still thought it had a SSL certificate when it really didn't.

Clean up the certificate by going to IIS Manager and removing the certificate from IIS. When you rerun setup, it should succeed. This link was very helpful.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=90906&SiteID=1

|||Where can I get the patches?|||If you would like to get a patch before SP2 is released, you have to
contact Support Services and ask for Knowledge Base Article #919478

No comments:

Post a Comment